Computer use level – advanced user:
1. regular work in Windows environment since 1994; MAC OS, LINUX – periodically, elementary skills;
2. Microsoft Office – permanently, Open Office - periodically, elementary skills;
3. CAD: Autodesk AutoCAD (including version 2000 (R15) – excellent experience, but I have not used that much lately; Nemetschek Vector Works - permanently since 1995, any level of complexity including user functions creation; VidCAD - elementary skills;
4. basic knowledge of PC hardware and IP networking.
1. system integration in professional video sphere;
2. design of projects for production and broadcasting suites with any complexity level; any stage – from TDA (Technical Design Assignment) to commissioning and service support:
2.1 initial information gathering;
2.2 tasks and initial requirements formalization;
2.3 technical proposal – choice of equipment, conceptual baseline;
2.4 release of design documentation from “P” (project) stage to “WP” (working papers) stage and complete list of equipment (down to connector);
2.5 matching the project to customer’s buildings or rooms;
2.6 issuing TDAs to affiliated bodies for developing and production of original mechanical and electronic devices, technical furniture;
2.7 installation supervision;
2.8 starting-up equipment, complete system adjustment, putting the system into operation;
2.9 complete measurements of signals and acceptance testing;
2.10 after-sale system support, upgrade, service maintenance management, etc.
3. dealing with any-level problems connected with integration and/or use of equipment;
4. technical correspondence with customer and manufacturer;
5. consulting customer about task statement, choice of strategy, technology, hardware and software.
1. workgroup technical management (as project manager of chief engineer);
2. workshop organization (inside the company or for customers): idea, preparing mate-rials, original presentation or adaptation of existing presentation;
3. customer technical training (basic level);
4. writing articles or adaptation of articles for publication in special journals;
5. brand management or technical support (from search of manufacturer to end-user price list calculation).
Дополнительная информация, личные качества
Technologies and equipment knowledge
Profound knowledge and rich practical experience in the following technologies and equipment:
1. shooting: ENG, EFP, studio, e-cinema, special; cameras, lenses, special shooting equipment, accessories;
2. audio capture in the field or in the studio;
3. video and audio processing, conversion, distribution, routing, synchronization, ampli-fication, mixing, (de)multiplexing, color correction, legalization; various methods of backup for studios, on-air suites etc;
4. recording and playback of video and audio to tape, disk systems or solid-state media;
5. distribution of video and audio signals through copper or optic lines;
6. video and audio monitoring and measurement;
7. passive patching equipment, cables, connectors etc.
Basic knowledge and some practical experience in the following technologies and equipment. Consultation with colleagues is needed to make a project with that equipment:
1. video and audio editing (including collaborative network editing technologies);
2. automated news production (Newsroom);
3. broadcast videoservers;
4. on-air automation systems;
5. hi-end broadcast graphics systems;
6. telecommunication systems: compression, multiplexing, scrambling, stream distribu-tion in various environments, stream monitoring and measurements;
7. production and broadcasting IT-infrastructure.
Good knowledge and some practical experience in equipment vendors:
1. cameras (studio, EFP, ENG): Sony, Thomson GVG, Ikegami, Hitachi, Panasonic, JVC;
2.shooting equipment: Vinten, Sachtler, ABC, Egripment, CTG, Canon, Fujinon, Arri, Chrosziel;
3. videoswitchers (videomixers): Sony, Thomson GVG, Ross Video, Echolab, Snell&Wilcox;
4. routers: Harris, Thomson GVG, Network, Quartz (Evertz);
5. peripherals: Harris, Thomson GVG, Network, Evertz, Snell&Wilcox, Axon, Crystal Vi-sion etc;
6. fiber optics: Harris, Network, Evertz, Axon;
7. reference systems: Evertz, Harris, Tektronix;
8. measurements: Harris, Tektronix, Leader;
9. automation systems: Harris, SGT, Oveco;
10. videoservers: Thomson GVG, Omneon, Seachange, Harris;
11. multiviewers: Harris, Evertz, Miranda;
12. graphics: Harris, Pixel Power, Orad, VizRT;
13. audio equipment: Sony, Yamaha, D&R, DBX, TC-Electronic, DK-Audio, Dynaudio, Genelec, Sennheiser;
14. intercom systems: Clear-Com.
Since 1998 I have made about 20 successful projects in TV broadcast and e-cinema where I was one of the key persons (project technical manager or chief developer). Those projects were worth $ 0.5 mn to $ 1.5 mn. The average number of manufacturers (brands) per project was 20-25, the average number of non-recurring items on equipment list was 300-400, the average number of ca-ble connections per project is five to ten thousand. The average number of diagrams per project was 20-40 A3-A0 sheets plus text documents and list of equipment.
Since 1996 I have written a number of technical articles (product descriptions, reviews, analytics) for Russian journals “625”, “Broadcasting” and for web-sites. The articles were mainly original but there were translations and compilations too.
Over the years I have established many personal contacts with manufacturers and users of professional TV equipment.