The Digital Content Officer and Webmaster is a key member of the Marketing function of the University of Central Asia (UCA) Communications and Marketing Team. The Officer is responsible for the University’s web, mobile and social media content to increase UCA’s web and online presence to strengthen and further the UCA brand. S/he manages interactive components of the website, photography, integrates communications strategies into online media tactics and serves as webmaster of UCA’s website. The Officer reports to Marketing Communications Manager.
Key responsibilities related to Content Management:
· Plan, design, develop, test, write, edit, produce and manage high-quality original content for UCA’s internet and social media channels.
· Coordinate with Communications Content Development staff (Senior Writer/Editor and Translator), UCA departments and research institutes to develop online content in the five university languages that speaks to key stakeholders in Central Asia, the region and globally
· Coordinate, design and implement digital marketing and promotional efforts through a variety of platforms including digitised images, banners, charts, e-newsletters, image maps and other graphics to enhance the site, complement print and other outputs, support management communication tools and increase e-traffic.
· Coordinate with UCA Translator to develop content for its three host campus countries in five languages.
Key responsibilities related to Website Management:
· Ensure the web servers, hardware and software are operating accurately
· Utilise web-based software tools to managing web content including designing and revising webpages
· Troubleshoot as needed and debug website performance issues
· Interface for performance issues and liase with IT partners and web developer..
· Stay abreast of industry e-communication software tools, management techniques and e-trends that increase usage and ensure accessibility through mobile and multi-platfor functions..
· Plan and maintain social media activity to increase social media presence, crowd-sourcing potential and two-way conversations with community interest groups.
· Conduct tests on UCA website to assess and enhance web traffic, usability and feedback response. This includes reviewing statistics and monitoring analytics. Write analytic reports on website use.
· Regulate and manage access rights of different users on website.
· Maintain inventory of internal highlights section of website and manage server software.
· Bachelor's degree and three years of experience as a webmaster/digital content developer in a University setting.
· Working knowledge of public media industry initiatives in digital media, with heavy emphasis on editorial development.
· Working knowledge of Central Asian digital media outlets an asset.
· Knowledge of basic HTML and image retouching is required.
· Experience with content management systems, social networking and content distribution.
· Outstanding English and Russian language speaking and writing skills. Knowledge of Kyrgyz, Tajik, Kazakh or Dari an asset.
· Exceptional written and oral communications skills, with a thorough understanding of AP grammar style.
· Deep knowledge of industry e-communication software tools, management techniques and e-trends that increase usage, including audio, video, and photos.
· Experience effectively communicating complex concepts with clarity and a demonstrated high level of analytical thinking.
· Familiarity with Central Asian secondary and post-secondary education landscape an asset.
· Demonstrated ability to produce compelling original work for web and social media.
· Ability to collaborate with colleagues and to take direction from supervisors.
· Strong organisational, multi-tasking skills and ability to produce content in a rapidly changing environment.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter, CV, and contact information for three references to email@example.com by 15 January 2016. As your application e-mail subject, please write: “Digital Content Officer and Webmaster” and indicate how you heard about us. Applications are open until the position is filled.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.