In Your Pocket is a cheeky, quirky and highly informative publication. The key to remain at the top of the market is ensuring that we are publishing the most up-to-date and interesting information that a visitor to Russia might need both online and in print. The role of the editor is to manage and control this process. You should love Russia and be passionate about helping foreigners visiting the country to love it too.
- Plan together with the rest of the team (Editor-in-chief and sales department) the strategy of Russia IYP for print and online (e.g. what kind of things you would like to include in the next issue, plan the development of extra content, features, new cities and set the strategy for the Russia IYP facebook pages/social media).
- Research the information we publish.
- Making sure the content is up to date at all times.
- Manage and control the process of the production of all printed products (print guides, mini guides).
- Manage the writing and updating of the content used on the website and for print products, as well as analysing the relevance of the content represented on the website and in print.
- Giving tasks to freelance writers and photographers,
- Co-ordinate the production of new products (e.g Instant guides to regions, launch a new city).
- Make sure that all content is entered as according to the rules of the In Your Pocket stylebook and our own transliteration rules.
- Produce/update manuals, transliteration schedules etc. up to date and workable.
- Safeguard proper archiving of all documents (features, guides, covers etc.).
- Keep track of changes and new things happening in the city that would be interesting for readers.
- Edit texts in English and write texts in Russian.
- Manage In Your Pocket facebook pages.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in content production, within a lifestyle/hospitality/tourism publication.
- A minimum of 2 years experience of leading an editorial department (minimum 3 people).
- A journalistic background is preferred.
- Experience of commissioning and editing content and managing a content calendar.
- A native Russian speaker, who is also fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Good working knowledge of graphic design and CMS systems.
- Excellent knowledge of the hospitality industry of St. Petersburg and Moscow.
- Super-organised, you’ll be able to deliver exceptional content to strict deadlines, in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical and innovative, you’ll continually be looking for better ways of doing things.
- Punctuation and pixel-perfect attention to detail.
- Working day 09:00 - 18:00.
- Competitive salary.
- Excellent opportunities for professional growth and career development within the company.
Don't forget to include the cover letter.
Successful candidates will have to take a test.