We are looking for a proactive and passionate Programming & Content Manager to join cheerful and passionate Kids & Family team of Viacom International Media Networks. We’re in search for a candidate who combines both strategic mindset, multitasking skills and hands-on attitude and is keen to work on Nickelodeon and Nick Jr. brands taking care of Sponge Bob, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Dora The Explorer, Paw Patrol and many other shows loved by kids all over Russia and CIS.
Programming & Content Manager is responsible for the short- and long-term channel planning and the production of the programming grids for the Kids&Family feeds in Russia and CIS based on channel and competitors performance and market trends. Managing global Nickelodeon content roll-out, Programming Manager ensures alignment with global/local franchise priorities and actively looks for content acquisition opportunities. In conjunction with the K&F Channel Head they will develop the strategic plans, direction and editorial positioning of this Kids&Family channels in the region.
- Development and implementation of long-term channel plans/activity calendars, competitive programming strategies, monthly schedules, including seasonal adjustments, events, marathons and other on-air events based on knowledge of the markets and channels’ performance; choose relevant programming for the local market viewers, specially concentrating on core markets. Coordination with INTL teams.
- Proactive work with content production studios to look for content for local or international development.
- Creation and maintenance of programming grids in What’s On software, control and coordination of the creation and input of all metadata for media assets.
- Management of local EPGs creation for all K&F channels. Distribution of relevant EPGs / schedules / metadata to departments within and outside of the company.
- Overall day to day management of local feeds. Timely introduction of any changes needed.
- Proactive analysis of channel and competitors’ performance. Analysis of local and global trends affecting kids channels.
- Cooperation with other departments to enlist their assistance in delivering the channel’s programming priorities.
- Working closely with commercial and marketing teams to create and implement new initiatives, ideas for potential sponsors and partners.
- Supervision of channels compliance with local TV broadcast regulations.
- Project management of any future K&F feed launches.
- Preparation and management of annual content budget.
- Passion for kids content
- Strong analytic skills
- Programming skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and organize across time-zones
- Creativity, with ability to convey commercial information in an appealing and impactful way
- A diplomatic and highly professional approach with both internal and external contacts
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with sensitivity and openness to a variety of cultures
- Industry contacts is a plus
- Proficient in Word, Excel with strong PowerPoint skills
- Excellent team player